Skin Beauty: How To Keep Your Skin Looking Young And Healthy
Skin beauty relies on good lifestyle habits from both an internal and external perspective. If you follow most of the simple guidelines below … employing at least a few tips from each of the three sections … you will be blessed with healthy, youthful, glowing skin throughout most of your life.
Skin Beauty Tips For Glowing Skin:
Avoid long, hot showers, and take shorter (i.e., less than 10 minutes), cooler showers. Hot showers strip away moisture and protective, youthful oils faster than cooler water.
During your showers, gently scrub your skin in a circular fashion with a loofah to control scaly skin and ingrown hair. Sprinkle the loofah with alpha-hydroxy products for smoother skin. A great time to do this is just after exercising so you clean the pores of your skin; when you do this, the loofah cleansing also helps prevent acne.
Speaking of exercise … do exercises and chores that will make you sweat freely. Sweating eliminates toxic chemical build-up under your skin … in addition to all the other benefits of quality exercise.
Test your skin for dryness by scratching a small area with your fingernail. If it leaves a white market, your skin is dry and needs moisture and exfoliation. Exfoliation is the process of removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells.
Your neck and upper chest have especially sensitive skin which makes it more susceptible to aging effects such as dryness sun spots, and wrinkles. Use facial cleansing creams to hydrate and gently clean this area rather than deodorant soaps, and then apply facial moisturizing cream to keep this area youthful and healthy.
During the winter, run a humidifier each night to reduce dry itchy skin and to make breathing easier.
Get plenty of quality sleep; this is when most of your cell repair and regeneration occurs. Incidentally, this is also when your natural Human Growth Hormone is created which helps you build muscle and lose fat. Women need 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep per night, and men need 7 to 8 hours. Be sure to use room darkening shades to get the best quality sleep.
Take action to keep your blood pressure low. You can do this with regular exercise, no smoking, avoiding stress, and consuming a diet high in fish, fruit, potassium (e.g., tomatoes, oranges, melons, spinach, bananas, and potatoes), and calcium (dairy products or supplements with Vitamin E).
Get 10 to 20 minutes of sunshine per day (with sunscreen on your face and hands to minimize aging in these most visible areas) to produce vitamin D.
Engage in monogamous sex frequently; it’s good for you and your skin.
Cleaning And Skin Beauty Products:
Skin beauty comes not only from the lifestyle tips provided above, but from proper cleansing as described below as well:
- Instead of using deodorant soap, use one with added fat such as Dove or Neutragena. These types of soap leave an oily, protective film on your skin.
- Avoid beauty products with added colors, fragrances, or antibacterial ingredients which can irritate sensitive skin.
- Gently rub a few drops of olive oil on your face, knees, and elbows at night. The monounsaturated fat hydrates your skin without a leaving a greasy residue.
- Mix a teaspoon of sage and peppermint leaves in about four ounces of witch hazel, and let it sit for two or three days. Then apply it to your skin. The sage controls oil, the witch hazel helps restore a protective layer on your skin. The peppermint makes it smell good and feel cool.
- Use moisturizing cream on your hands and feet at night and then cover them with thin socks and gloves while sleeping.
- Use moisturizers containing glycerin or propylene glycol (a.k.a., humectants); these attract water and help hydrate your skin. Products containing alpha-hyproxy acids (AHA) help reduce wrinkles and reduce dryness, acne, and age spots. AHA’s are natural ingredients in grapes, citrus fruits, buttermilk, yogurt, and apples, and they speed up replacement of old skin cells making you look younger.
Food And Supplements For Your Skin:
Like the rest of your health, your skin requires the proper nutrients and hydration from within to be healthy, and healthy skin is key to youthful skin beauty.
- Take a high-potency multi-vitamin daily.
- Take a rose hips supplement daily to help build collagen (reducing wrinkles) and to keep your skin young and smooth.
- Consume garlic (or garlic supplements) to increase the life span and youthfulness of your skin cells. Garlic also helps prevent the growth of cancerous skin cells.
- Coat salmon with olive oil and crushed walnuts and grill it to get a great combination of skin-loving nutrients.
- Drink tea (green tea is best) for the anti-oxidants which fight free radicals.
- Avoid smoking, tanning salons, and lying in the sun. These all age your skin faster.
- Limit yourself to one glass or wine or other alcohol drink to avoid enlarged blood vessels on your facial skin.
- Eat 5 to 6 servings of vegetables and 2 or 3 fruits daily.
- Eat fish three times per week or more.
- Consume good fats (olive oil, avocados, flaxseed, canola oil, fish, and nuts).
- Eat leafy green vegetables, milk, tofu, sunflower seeds, foods high in zinc, foods high in beta carotene (e.g., carrots and sweet cherries), almonds, and walnuts.
- Use spices that are good for your skin such as Turmeric, cumin, black pepper, and fennel.
- Hydrate your skin from the inside by drinking lots of water. In cold weather, drink hot water to clear away toxins; use room-temperature water if you have sensitive skin.
Skin Beauty Tips For Dry Skin:
To keep skin contacting other skin areas dry, apply unscented baby powder. This will prevent bacterial and fungal growth. It is also good to prevent and eliminate heat rash and chaffing.
If your skin is extra dry, you can rub aloe vera gel on it to eat away dead skin cells and accelerate healing. Cut off an aloe leaf, split it open, and rub it over the dry skin; squeeze it to get more gel out.
If you have rough, dry elbows, cut a grapefruit in half, and put each elbow in one of the halves for 15 minutes. The citric acid will make them extra smooth.
If you have moles or skin tags you would like to remove quickly and easily without pain and without the time, embarrassment, cost, and inconvenience of going to a doctor, read this … Easy Painless Way To Remove Skin Tags And Moles
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.